Originally constructed by BGC Development, Hibernian Place is now owned by the dynamic YTL Group. It is home to the 368-room, five-star Westin Perth. In addition to the hotel, Hibernian place has a thoughtfully curated mix of hospitality operators. These include Garum restaurant by Guy Grossi, Bodhi J Wellness Spa, Offshoot coffee roastery by Mary Street Bakery, Arthur & Co. by Graham Arthur, Huxtaburger from Melbourne, rooftop bar Hadiqa and late night Japanese Bar Good Two’s - by Andy Freeman.
Hibernian Place is purpose built for people, whether for a lunch break or to wine and dine way into the late hours. The 2000sqm central plaza offers a place to relax night and day, with rooftop garden, water feature, mature trees, manicured lawns, Wi-Fi hotspots, event service provisions and comfortable timber and stone furniture. It will play host to a calendar of activities and installations throughout the year.
Historic building Hibernian Hall remains a feature within Hibernian Place’s planning – and is, obviously, the inspiration for the name.
Hibernian Hall in the Murray Street East Precinct was designed by prominent Western Australian architects Cavanagh & Cavanagh and opened on June 26, 1902, with a grand ball. Hibernian Hall was built by contractor D. Hehir in the Federation Free Classical Style, and was originally developed as a social club to serve the Irish community of Western Australia. By 1922, Hibernian Hall had been renamed New Scottish Hall and then Cathedral Hall from 1930 when it served as Cathedral Hall for St. Mary’s Cathedral. It was purchased in 1947 for conversion into a Chest Clinic. Hibernian Hall remains a fine example of its style and of the community hall building type. It continues to make a strong visual contribution to the important collection of predominantly late 19th century and early to mid 20th century heritage places in the East End precinct.